Monday, October 24, 2011

This is My Life

Aaaand, once again, Life gets in the way of Blogging!

This is my life (in no particular order):

  • Reading stuff to kids
  • Helping kids spell stuff 
  • Trying to convince (certain) people that there is Value in Math
  • Answering questions for kids
  • Teaching rational problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to kids
  • Arguing and arguing with kids (it's how we do)
  • Watching movies (Lord of the Rings!) and tv shows (Star Trek: TNG!) with the family
  • Doing fun fall stuff like going to the pumpkin patch with friends
  • Making a small attempt at keeping up with the house and laundry
  • Making the kids make a small attempt at helping keep up with the house and laundry
  • Helping a newly-minted as of three weeks ago potty user in all of his various needs (11--count 'em, 11!--visits to the restroom at a restaurant last night alone)
  • Taking kids to field trips and co-op and gymnastics and Halloween parties (this Friday!)
  • Knitting (legwarmers for Morgan on double-pointed needles)
  • Occasionally remembering to go to the grocery store for food and snacks
  • Tracking what I'm eating (I'm heading for a no-dairy experiment at some point here in the future)
  • Planning for two different sets of relatives coming for a visit in the next few weeks
  • Trying to figure out what I want to do for my birthday next month. I have so many ideas, and the current idea is to do ALL of the ideas! Because I'm worth it.
  • Finishing up getting Halloween costumes in order
  • Arguing (and providing proper supporting documentation) with the IRS and lawyers and similar for personal and business reasons
  • Getting a stronger handle on our budget and expenses
  • Thinking about future plans for ATLOS
  • Trying to decide if I want to do another 5K in the next month or so, and if so, which one I want to do
  • Figuring out what key essentials I need in my wardrobe (immediate needs are sports bras and a sweatshirt that fits) and getting rid of clothing that doesn't fit any more (I'm down many sizes since starting paleo full-on in January 2010)
  • Figuring out what winter clothing I need to get for the kids
  • Thinking about Thanksgiving--I have a pretty paleo menu planned already, but I don't know if it's just going to be us or if we'll make it a big thing and invite people
  • Trying really really hard not to buy the next pair of VFFs that I really really want but is not quite in our budget . . . yet
  • Thinking ahead about Christmas and what we're going to get the kids and how we're going to celebrate
  • Trying not to stress out about the various writing and parenting projects I haven't quite found the time to work on
  • Trying to enjoy the moments as they come, so they don't pass me by and I'm left feeling as if none of these things is fun. Because it's ALL fun, it really is. I'm working on  my goals, pursuing my values, spending time with the people I like the best. Things are really really good. :D But, being me, I need to remind myself to experience the good every once in a while.

Thinking thinking thinking, planning planning planning, doing doing doing.

Always. Always. Always.

What's up with you?

No comments: