Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Howdy!

No, really, I'm still around.

Ryan and I had a lovely weekend in Arizona. He is a great traveling companion, and it was so nice to spend some time with him, just the two of us. Though for some reason I'd forgotten that events like family weddings require sustained amounts of behaving--he mostly did fine, but we had our moments. Thank Jobs for iPads!

The highlight of the trip was snuggling in bed after the wedding/party, watching Harry Potter movies on tv until we both drifted off to sleep. Somehow, we don't quite do that often enough in every day life.

Brendan and the rest of the gang had lots of fun without us, too. From what I can tell, they left home each morning and had adventure after adventure, and then came home and crashed in a tumble of blankets and pillows on the floor of the family room. Good times.

And now I am struggling to get back into the routine of things. The kids have homework for co-op, the house is a wreck, there's an OMG level of laundry, the playroom needs its annual decluttering, etc.

And all I want to do is knit hats like this one:




Sean's new hat (it fits me, too!) #Knitting #fb on Twitpic


If blogging is light this week, blame it on the knitting.

No comments: