Monday, January 09, 2012

Progress on My Goals

Well, 2012 is off to an incredible start! And by incredible, I of course mean ohmygod what have we done?

On Saturday afternoon, we learned that we have a contract on a house! We began the process of looking at homes with a realtor two weeks ago today, and now we have a contract on an amazing home that we are really excited about. It's not perfect, but it does match most of our wants and needs very well (and then some).

It's in the next town over, same county, so really not too much will change for us other than location and grocery store. Brendan's commute might be about the same--we'd looked in areas of town farther east to see if we could help him with that (for this and future jobs), but he is willing to keep driving a bit if we get this house. It's that awesome. (If you want, email me and I'll send you a link with some pics--I don't want to post the link on the blog for many reasons.)

The wheels are in motion--today I will get the rest of the mortgage process rolling and start gathering our paperwork for that (we were pre-approved, so now it's just gathering documentation). And tomorrow is the home inspection. I'm REALLY hoping nothing too crazy turns up. The home looks well-cared-for, but you never know what the real home inspector peopleguy will find. We'll go over there to be present for much of the inspection, and I'll take some room measurements, too!

I am very excited, and Brendan is very excited. The kids are somewhat excited, depending on who you talk to. Sean is absolutely clueless. :) But we are also sorry to leave this house, our home of 13 years. It will be a bittersweet change, but for me, a very, very welcome change. And we still have a couple of months before we'll need to leave (thank goodness, because I can't even wrap my head around the logistics of that particular challenge right now), so we've got time.

Let's see, what else? Oh! I have been doing my running/sprinting plan, too. I started off with a 5K race last week, and yesterday I went to a local park and ran some sprints (one minute on, 3 minutes walking rest, 5 rounds). I did not enjoy the sprints at all, especially in the drizzly rain, but I comforted myself with the knowledge that I was only actually running for 5 actual minutes, which sounds a lot better than the 35 minutes it took for me to run the 5K.

And I've been tightening up my diet quite a bit this week--though I have a few more notches to tighten (we celebrated getting our home contract with fancy scotch and manhattans on Saturday night, for example). I don't know if it's the combination diet-tightening/running-sprinting, or the stress of buying a home, or just mere coincidence, but I have lost two pounds. So that's something. And I know I was in high school the last time I weighed this much. So that's something else. :)

So yeah. Kicking butt and taking names, and it's only the 9th of January. Bring it, 2012!

UPDATE: I created a Snapfish album with house pictures if you're interested. Just email me for the link.

8 comments:

Katie Davis said...

Congratulations, Jenn!

Monica said...

Awesome! Be sure to post pics of yourself and the house at some point! :)

Jenn Casey said...

Thanks Katie and Monica! If either of you want to be nosy and look at house pics, let me know and I'll send you a link to the album I created in Snapfish.

Don't have any awesome pictures of me yet, I don't think. Hmmm...better get to work on that.

wanderingways said...

That's wonderful!

Katie Davis said...

I'd love to see pics! Ever since we bought our house I've become very interested in other folks' homes for inspiration and I suppose nosiness too :-)

Jenn Casey said...

Hi Katie (and Monica!)--I think I forgot to send a link to the pictures. If you (or anyone else reading this) wants to see them, go here:

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=4828164016/a=5843888_5843888/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Jenn Casey said...

Or try this shortened link: http://bit.ly/z8gGDE

Katie Davis said...

What a great house! What an exciting time for you and your family!