So far this month I/we have:
- Met with a real estate attorney to discuss lease-purchasing our old house. (yay!)
- Worked on finalizing the details of the LP with the people who will be renting/purchasing the house. (double yay!)
- Gone to CrossFit as much as possible and making good steady progress with the Oly lifts and can now string together up to four kipping pull ups and up to seven double-unders.
- Visited with my parents who drove down here to celebrate their birthdays with the fam.
- Saw The Avengers when my parents were in town. We almost NEVER see movies at the theater, let alone on opening weekend. It was fun.
- Did a zillionty craft projects that my parents got for the kids. (yay!)
- Shopped for and ordered a new sectional sofa for the living room.
- Worked on a couple of my classes for ATLOSCon 2012.
- Worked on other ATLOSCon 2012 stuff. Because there are about a zillion things that need doing apart from teaching classes.
- Finished up the homeschool co-op school year.
- Learned that Morgan has been invited over to the "team" side of the gymnastics gym and learning all about what that will entail for my future (lots and lots of stuff--she's SO excited).
- Traveled to Chicago with Brendan for a Casey wedding, and met the two new significant others in the fam (awesome).
- Ate Chinese food while in Chicago, including kung pao, wow! I also ate all kinds of other not-great-for-me food, but didn't worry about it for a second because it was a conscious choice and I enjoyed it very much and I know it won't be too hard to get back to normal now that I'm home.
- Saw The Avengers again. Really, this never happens.
- Read a book. This is what I can do with blocks of free time away from my children.
- Had fun at the wedding and reception and dressed up all fancy.
- The kids stayed with Kelly and Miranda here at the house, and they all had a great time (find the tag #FavoritesFestival to learn about their weekend).
- Got a pretty birthstone pendant for Mother's Day and had a nice Mother's Day brunch while up in Chicago (though I was somewhat lonely without my kids).
That's May SO FAR.
The roller coaster of fun and busy continues!
- Today the sectional will be delivered. (yay!)
- Still working toward our lease-purchase project, and working on cabin stuff, too.
- Brendan's birthday is on Thursday and I have yet to figure out what we're going to get him. I'm thinking a new sectional sofa might make for a great birthday present, don't you?
- Morgan has a mini-competition this weekend in gymnastics. Can't wait.
- It's Food Allergy Awareness Week, so I'm hoping to get new videos of the kids recorded and posted.
- ATLOSCon 2012 starts NEXT WEEK. *panic*
- Have to get the house ready for seven guests plus hosting three ATLOSCon events (two of them are rather large). I trust my guests and visitors will realize we just moved here a couple of months ago. *double panic*
And somehow, I have to get to the grocery store, do laundry, pay bills, blah blah blah. Is it any wonder I decided to write a blog post this morning? :P
Anyway, if you don't hear from me here, I'll be back soon. And you can always find me on Twitter and Facebook, where it's easier to share short updates than here at the blog.