I'd spent that entire year (2010) truly getting my diet under control and losing weight and feeling awesome. After about 9 months or so, it was time to add some regular physical activity to my plan. A the rest, as they say, is history.
Here is a list of some of my accomplishments in the last three years:
- Completed 390 WODs (Workouts of the Day) at CrossFit Kennesaw (yes, I kept meticulous track of each one of these)
- Completed about half a dozen WODs at other gyms
- Seven 5K races
- One 10K race
- Two CrossFit competitions, one individual, one team
- Two CrossFit Opens
- One Kettlebell Competition
- Three CrossFit certifications (Level 1, CrossFit Kids, Kettlebell)
- Half dozen or so vacation WODS
- Several dozen trail runs and sprint training
- Started coaching
And I can get up into a really nice bridge now. :) I've hit some pretty good numbers on my lifts, and can even run at a semi-normal pace sometimes.
What's up next? Well, I've got a 10K trail run coming up very soon, if you can imagine, and I'm in training for my next kettlebell competition. I'm doing the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge as well as an in-house challenge at the gym. I am kicking butt and taking names.
But mostly, the thing that's up next is every single day of my awesome badass life.